The social services department provides information, referral, counseling, crisis intervention, care coordination, case management and discharge planning services to inpatients and outpatients and their families at Golden Valley Memorial Hospital in a supportive, caring and confidential environment. Services are provided by professionally trained social workers (MSW), licensed clinical social workers (LCSW) and a patient advocate (BA).
Services provided include:
- General information about a broad spectrum of topics, especially medically related
- Referral to appropriate resources
- Financial information
- Crisis intervention
- Help to develop personal strengths for now and in the future
- Home health visits by physician referral
Working as a part of the multidisciplinary team at Golden Valley Memorial Hospital, these staff members assist physicians and medical staff in ensuring the overall well-being of the patient.
This departments RN utilization review coordinator negotiates with insurance companies and medical criteria and communicates this information to your physician regarding your coverage and benefits.
The social services department helps individuals and their families to minimize the stress associated with illness and injury as they move through the medical care continuum.
Our goal is to assist them in functioning the best they can within their own environment upon leaving our facility.
Great Ways to Save on Your Health Care
• Make a list of your nearby Urgent Care or walk in clinic hours.
• Switch to generics.
• Ask about price and cash discounts.
• Check with the Missouri Drug Card.
• Ask your doctor about changing your dosage.
• Ask for samples.
• Get screened every year.
• Get a flu shot.
• Cash-in on rebates. Cash back on various pain relievers.
• Visit a dental school.
• Look closely at your health care plan.
• Expand your vision.
Linda Jones, Director of Social Services
Back to top »