Surgical Services (also known as Perioperative Services) includes Outpatient Surgery Department (OPS), Operating Room (O.R.), and the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), and Sterile Processing. Our team performs approximately 2500 procedures per year. We expect increasing numbers as our surgical specialties expand.
Knowledge through continuing education programs and in-services keeps our team current with the ever changing medical modalities. Additional skill-specific certifications are held by our team to provide you with quality care. Your team consists of the specialty surgeon, admitting/surgical/recovery nurses, anesthesia providers, surgical scrub technicians, and supportive ancillary members.
The fact is that no two surgeries or surgical patients are identical. Surgical decisions are supported by what's best for each specific patient. Together, we can make your experience less stressful and with quality outcomes. We utilize up-to-date equipment such as High Definition and Image Guidance. Golden Valley Hospital offers large city technology with a small town friendly atmosphere.
Our current surgical specialties include:
- Gynecological (Women's Health: includes laparoscopic and incontinence procedures)
- General (ex: appendix removal, gall bladder removal: includes laparoscopic procedures)
- Ear, Nose Throat (ex: Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Image Guided Sinus Surgery, Myringotomy Tubes,Tonsillectomy, Thyroidectomy)
- Ophthalmic (ex: Cataract removal)
- Obstetrics (ex: C-section)
- Genito-urinary (Urology) (ex: Transvaginal Tape, Urethral Sling Procedures, Bladder or Kidney Stone Procedures, Transuretheral Resection of Prostate)
- Podiatry (ex: Bunion Removal, Hammertoe Repair)
- Orthopedic (Total Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopy, Bone Fracture)
- Plastic Surgery (ex: lesion removals, flap repairs)
- Minor Procedures (ex: Paracentesis, Thoracentesis)
- Trivex Vein therapy & Sclerotherapy
- Dental procedures requiring general anesthesia